Welcome to our fine medieval church, unusual among Suffolk churches, because it dates mainly from the 13th and early 14th centuries.
The north wall is covered with magnificent wall paintings and the remains of a Doom painting can be found above the nave; all of these, thanks to a lottery grant and village fundraising, were conserved as part of our ambitious restoration programme. These paintings remind us that the walls were probably extensively covered with paintings before the Reformation.
Visitors are also attracted by our medieval graffiti.
We are at the start of a reorganistion project that will see our bells rehung in the tower, the removal of our old organ, and the creation of a toilet and servery area where we can enjoy coffee and chat in comfort.
Troston is a small village with about 940 people living there. In the village are a motor bike sales and repair shop, and a public house. Since the village boundary extends to include RAF Honington, there are also a Chinese take-a-way, village store and hairdresser, along with a garage shop where almost anything can be bought, just a short distance away. Farming still plays an important part in the village.
Newcomers to Troston are encouraged to borrow the Village Book in which local historians have made an excellent record of all aspects of village life over the past centuries.
The village hall, originally the old Church school until 1946, was refurbished thanks to a lottery grant and the hard work of many villagers. Various organisations benefit from the facility including a carpet bowls club and a Pilates class.
Information is available on the village website www.troston.suffolk.cloud